2) I got my haircut this evening and thought I'd take a picture to share because it's never going to look like this again. It's always so shiny when I leave the hairdressers and I have no idea how I'm going to go when I get around to drying it tomorrow morning.
( Me )
3) Is it just me or is it meme season? Anyway, I've been stockpiling the ones going around and here's one to get me started.
( What crap does Katy carry around in her purse everyday? )
4) Oooh, I GOT X-FILES TICKETS!!! \O/
Lisa and I are going to a 7pm screening on Wednesday the 23rd July. Mulder and Scully. Back together. On the big screen. *sigh* And it's only 13 sleeps.
5) I'm watching Smallville ep1x18. It has bees in it. Lots of bees. I wonder if Tom Welling and Michael Rosenbaum talk about these bees as much as Jensen Ackles talks about the bees from 'Bugs'...
6) And because I thought this was fairly accurate:
( Can you tell me how to get, how to get to Sesame Street? )
2) Some dude is driving, with his son, from Melbourne to London. Yes. Driving. In a car. The same car all the way. I didn't even know that was possible... unless you were driving, you know, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.
3) While on holidays I'm driving, with my mum, from Melbourne to Adelaide. Not nearly as adventurous as Melbourne to London.
4) I just tried to purchase tickets for an advanced screening of X-Files: I want to Believe but it looks like they are all sold out. I should have done it earlier. *kicks self*
5) You know you may watch too much Supernatural when... On the drive home from work you notice the car in front of you has 'David Nutter Ford' written on the rear mud flaps, and all you can think of is the pilot episode of Supernatural.
6) Happy Tuesday!
1). The Station Formerly Known As Spencer Street is kind of scary. OKAY, it's small and doesn't have that many platforms or trains but it also doesn't haven't many signs. I had no idea where I was going Thursday night. Give me Penn Station in New York anytime! (What? Gratuitous place name dropping? Never!)
2).Also. Is Spencer Street the only train station in metropolitan Melbourne that does not have Pepsi vending machines? WTF! The distinct lack of Pepsi Max was not a good start to the weekend.
3). The new Albury bypass on the Hume Highway totally rocks. It must cut at least 20 minutes off the journey between Melbourne & Sydney. At least.
4). When driving through Sydney, if in doubt, stick to the middle lane. Especially when trying to find your way into the harbour tunnel.
5). Sydney road signage kinda sucks and their left lanes have a terrible habit of 'disappearing'. And don't even get me started on the buses and taxi drivers.
6). Warringah Mall in Manly is a terrific shopping centre but it's car park most definitely sucks. The only* time we got lost on the weekend was trying to get out of that car park.
*The only time whilst Caz or I were driving/navigating.
7). You never know who you'll see when shopping at the above mentioned shopping centre. I am convinced I saw Anne Looby who played Anna Lacey on A Country Practice. Awesome! *goes off in search of old ACP video tapes*
8). Brookvale Oval is the BEST. GROUND. EVER. The atmosphere is wonderful and their supporters are amongst the best behaved and friendliest. The fact that Storm cannot seem to win at the ground is neither here nor there. I am going to every Storm game at Brooky until we finally win one. I'm sure we will... one day...
9). Steve Bell still remembers us.
10). Ribs and Rumps in Manly do a great steak. My choice: Rump. Blue. Yum.
11). It is possible to get three yellow Clinkers in a row. Who knew?
12). I am a nuffer. On the way back from Sydney today, I posted an 'on the road' voice post when we stopped in Gundagai. For some reason I hadn't ticked the 'Disable Auto-Transcription' box in the voice post settings last time I visited so not only was the voice post posted but so was a transcription. And the transcription was so terrible I tried to delete it. Sadly, in the process I somehow managed to delete the entire post. PFFFTT! Voice Post - GONE! I don't believe there is a way to retrieve it however I did manage to salvage the auto-transcription that I was trying to get rid of in the first place. *roll eyes*
I'm leaving for Shepparton straight from work this afternoon so I had to bring everything I need for the weekend in with me this morning by train this morning. Due to some extremely economical packing, I managed to fit everything I need neatly into my storm back pack and my little-ass storm duffle bag.
Now, given the struggle it was for me to walk from Flinders St. Station to work - a huge 300 metres or so - with just those two items, I have NO idea how I managed to trot around the USA last year with the above mentioned items plus a big-ass wheelie bag, which incidentally, weighed somewhere close to a ton.
1). Game One in this year's State of Origin series is being played in Brisbane tonight. Queensland v. New South Wales. It's LIVE on channel 9 into Melbourne which somewhat of a major breakthrough for Rugby League in this State.
2). XP is still going great at work. Everything is so much faster now and I LOVE having the newer version of Outlook. I use GMAIL exclusively at home so I'd had no experience with Outlook 2003 at all. It's really nice.
3). XP BONUS: For Christmas Sam and Nick gave me a Winnie the Pooh USB mouse. I could never use it at work because it was USB and it didn't work on NT. It's more then likely I could have found a driver for it but anyway. Today I remembered to take it into work and now I have a Winnie the Pooh Optical Mouse working perfectly. the size is going to take a bit to get used to. I think it's designed for children. Wonder why? Love it none the less and it's got a really cool LED blue glow.
4). I've only got another day and a half of work this week. I'm off to Sydney this weekend for the Manly v Storm game at Brookevale Oval.